Thursday, July 24, 2008

Beach Art

Even on a Vacation, there is a place for the Arts, Maybe even more so.

And so The Fuzz wanted me to share this view of some of the Beach Houses by a little know, Local Artist.

Most of these places are built up on these poles in the hope of escaping hurricane destruction I suppose.

The Fuzz says he's not sure he would like to be out on one of these tiny sandbars in a hurricane.

But it is a great place for a Vacational change of scene. And it's all good, as they say.


1 comment:

The Lazy Iguana said...

The island I was on last week is also little more than a glorified sandbar. With some small fresh water lakes. The buildings are also on stilts, so the storm surge can flow under the buildings.

I guess that works. The resort buildings survived Hurricane Charlie. Sort of.

The beach looks nice. Reminds me a lot of the beaches on Sanibel Island.

On Sanibel because of the way the island is situated, I can actually watch the sun rise or set over the water. The place is a freak of geology I suppose.

You would probably like it. There are a few galleries and other artsy stuff on the island. Some of it is rather unique. LOTS of art made from local sea shells.