Sunday, July 19, 2020

The Year So Far

2020

Sounds good when it's your eyesight.
And they tell me that's what I have now, 20/20.
And this is a good thing.

The year 2020 started with finishing up my cataract surgeries.  But then just as life was beginning to return to normal, we began to get hints of a new crisis in the making.

At first, it seemed like nothing to worry too much about.
I mean, it was far away from home, and just seemed like something that would be dealt with.
There had been SARS, and then that Ebola stuff.  Admittedly dangerous, but the experts/professionals had been able to handle things - more or less.
Of course, we were mistaken.

Mistakes were made.

And now some world leaders seem more interested in blaming each other, than trying to do some damage control.
We really need damage control at this point.

It's hard to say what's next.
We have demonstrations in the streets, and there is an election coming.

Well, for what it's worth, the year is only half over.  So maybe it's too early to make a call on this Year of Our Lord, 2020.

On the other hand, 2020 is over half gone!
And so far I feel like I've spent it sitting here in this house.
I was kind of looking forward to starting over, after many (even extreme) changes in my life.  In many ways 2019 had been a confusing blur.  Now at last the light was beginning to break through.

Well, admittedly, things are different now.

But I just feel like I'm only marking time - waiting for something that's beginning to look like it's not going to happen.
And at my age, marking time doesn't seem like such a great thing.

It is depressing.
Seriously.

I'm sure this feeling is contributing to the general unrest and frustration in the country.

For now, I'm just waiting for something to break.

Hang in there friends, and be kind to each other.

𝕵𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎

Old School


No comments: