Sunday, September 10, 2006


This is an empty wine bottle. Once it was full. Someone liked the bottle very much and bought it. Unfortunately this person did not care for the contents. There are times when a man has to step in and do what a man has to do. Heroic stuff.

But even empty, this bottle could accomplish great things. It could safeguard important papers on a breezy day. It could support a candle and spread light in a time of darkness. It could even serve as a weapon and perhaps foil a terrorist plot. It could be a colorful addition to someone's home decor. The possibilities are endless.

And in my own humble way, I am very glad I was able to play a part in all of this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you wanna take up drinking for "asthetic" reasons on a larger scale, start a bottle tree. We have one in the works, so far we've had to "find use for" not only wine, but lime juice and balsamic vinegar. The general color theme is green, so far....

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

You could eat a lot of salad

The Lazy Iguana said...

I do not know a whole lot about wine - so choosing a wine based on how the bottle looks sounds like a good plan to me.

Anonymous said...

I am all for wine! Of course, being very well rounded, I appreciate the fine uses of nice bottles, but give equal care and consideration to the contents.

I have a bottle not toooo unlike this on my counter. Perhaps it's not living up to it's potential. It's not a paperweight or candle holder. I think it's currently in training to be a cat killer.