Monday, July 09, 2007

Electricity & Motorcycles

This is a Motorcycle Battery. Unfortunately it is not a happy Motorcycle battery. This Motorcycle Battery has been getting sicker and sicker for some time now. If one is a keen observer, one may notice the small connector wired to the Motorcycle Battery. This may resemble those used for trailer lights, but that is not it's purpose. It is actually there for recharging the Motorcycle Battery.
I remember a time, long ago, when motorcycles had a thing that you could push and push with your foot to crank the Motorcycle. Or else you got so tired you quit in disgust. But times have changed, and we've moved on from those more primitive days. Now there is no foot thing and if the battery is dead you're SOL.
Well, it had been coming for some time now. I knew it would happen. All last winter, I would have to use the little connector to get the Motorcycle to crank. And even now, with the warm weather, still trouble. Finally Zip.
So once again it was time for the Auto Parts Store. They gave me a box with all these things in it. When I have to get one for the car, or my truck, they just give me a big heavy battery. But this time they gave me this box of stuff. I gave them money.
One of the things in the box was a paper thing which told me what to do with all the other things. There was a container of some evil stuff that had warnings on it. They said scary things like, "Corrosive" and "Poison" ! I was instructed to pour this dangerous liquid into my brand new battery, which was already dangerous because it contained Lead ! But first I was instructed to remove a certain vent cover. If I were to fail in this, I faced the risk of an explosion ! I'm sure My Sweetie appreciated the fact that I was not doing this in the kitchen, at the risk of all our lives.
Finally this was all accomplished. But still there was more. The deadly acid was in the battery, but alas, the electricity was not. The thoughtful Battery People provided a helpful chart that told me just how much electricity to put in, and just how long to do this. So, one more time, I used the little connector, and filled this new Motorcycle Battery with electricity.
And best of all, it was worth all the danger, for this morning, the Motorcycle cranked perfectly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks pretty complex to me.... but aren't the best super heroes created when things go wrong with battery acid?

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

It might have to be Mutated Battery Acid.

Anonymous said...

ifn ya used that thar well water to mix it up, it could be MORE than mutated, might could even use it for cologne