Friday, July 06, 2007

Floating

We took the Canoe out for another excursion on the 4th. This time we poked up in this creek just to see what was to be seen. Here is where we ran out of water, or at least enough to float on.
We stopped a bit and My Sweetie tried to capture the scene with her paints. I just played with the camera and poked around. Right on the other side of the gravel bank where we stopped, there was this mighty fine swimming hole. It was at least 5ft deep right at a rock face, spring fed and cold even on this hot day in July. This place seemed quite secluded, no footprints other than deer, ducks and stuff like that. The water was actually pretty clear (I don't know why it looks murky in the pic), so we couldn't resist a refreshing dip. My Skinny Dipping habits seem to be rubbing off on My Sweetie these days. Later on, when I was home, I checked out the Google Satellite View and there do seem to be some dwellings in the area. But you'd never know it down there in the woods. Later, we paddled back out to the lake and eventually tied up on the bank for a picnic lunch. That's when this fellow showed up. He just jumped off the bank into the canoe, like he was ready to go home with us. Ah, thought I, another Photo Opportunity. But then I almost fell overboard trying to make his portrait. I did end up tossing him over the side, and by then he seemed satisfied to go, swimming happily away.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh god! - SKINNY DIPPING!!!!

Anonymous said...

love the frog w/ the red color near him, his pattern is very pretty.

as long as we don't have to see pics of the skinny dippies, it's ok by me! :)

The Lazy Iguana said...

I have a kayak. But I have no rivers like that to float down. And no spring fed swimming holes that are cool even in the summer.

Just salt water, or alligators.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

My son has a kayak, it's a lot of fun. It's surprisingly good in the current of the river, but is hard to keep on course in calm water.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

W- Don't want an X rating