Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Tin Man

The Tin Man is here.
He was a gift from a friend of our son a few years ago. Unfortunately he is not a tin woodsman like in that movie with all the munchkins. If he were, I could maybe put him to work on this wood pile. He is a tin cowboy, but we have no cattle so he has little to do around here. He is getting a bit rusted though. But his joints still move. But you have to admit, he never looses his good attitude, see him smiling ? Beside his good attitude, he does already have a heart, so no quest is necessary on that count.

Thanksgiving is upon us. Let the holidays begin. I do have a lot to be thankful for, my loving wife who has put up with me all these years, for one. And a lot of other stuff. Even my truck is running again. I still have a job, good health, and so I am thankful. Some people don't have anyone to thank, but I will thank God, and join family to feast before Him.

1 comment:

The Lazy Iguana said...

It is cool enough here is South Florida for a nice open outdoor fire to sit around and drink beer. Or hot coco. Or whatever.

One of these days I am going to get one of those patio fireplace things. You know, the large bowl shaped things made of copper, stainless steel, or cast iron.

I would be able to use it a few times a year. I would not need nearly as large a pile of wood.