Thursday, November 30, 2006

Lonesome Quartet

When the leaves left this pear tree naked, this forgotten quartet of pears remained. Actually they were a compleat surprise. We never knew they were there before. Usually some sort of bug or blight takes most of them out. We may get one or two, sort of a special treat when we do. But then, long after the season had passed, here they were, just hanging around. Seems like this should mean something, but I don't really know what. I did think they were kinda pretty hanging there. For some reason it made me think of a "partridge in a pear tree". I haven't seen that partridge yet, but this is the last day of November and he may show up soon.
The seasons are rushing by. When I was a kid, Christmas took forever, now I can't get out of it's way. You can say it's three weeks away, but as soon as you turn around, another week has flashed by. Has time sped up, or have I slowed down ? Does this have something to do with that relativity stuff ? Does it even matter ?

Probably not.

No comments: