Sunday, September 23, 2007

Morning Glories

Out here on the fence by the Garden, we got 'em.


And they come in so many varieties.

I remember when I was a kid, up there, with the Yankees, seeing them grow up on my Grandma's back porch.

I'm sure she planted them there on purpase.

Around here we don't have to do that.





The things are everywhere.

They are some of our major weeds in the garden.

They seem to love the Pole Beans, and the young plants look remarkably like the young beans.

They twine together and it's hard to tell them apart.

Even the leaves are similar.

One difference is, the Morning Glories have furry stems.



But I still like them.

There's something about stepping out in the early morning and seeing these blossoms everywhere.




Here's a variety of our volunteers, for your enjoyment.

The Fuzz is doing a bit better today. He is hoping to maybe be back on the job tomorrow.

I suppose his boss-man will be happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we planted morning glories once. we won't ever have to plant them again, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

Morning glories are simply beautiful. In a couple of these photos light appears to eminating from their centers........wonderful....

Anonymous said...

I was on my way to work this morning on the bike... along a greenway that runs next to a railroad track here. And had the very specific thought, morning glories are wonderful (they line the path). Thought I'd stop by and see what the Fuzz was talking about. I guess great minds focus on the great things!