Thursday, November 01, 2007

Busted

Yeah, they still had to be busted. But that is what Power Equipment is all about. (Did I already say that ?)
In the old days, at this point, The Fuzz would get out his trusty maul and wedges. He still has those things, but a couple years ago His Sweetie talked him into obtaining this wonderful device. The old system is used only for those small, quick jobs. When Industrial Strength is called for, he rolls out this baby. And Industrial Strength was called for here. These blocks were full of knots and twisted grain, but the Power Equipment got it done.
We won't get into how The Fuzz flipped the thing over backing it down into that hole. But, "All's well, that ends better" as the Hobbits (I think) say. And it's always better to have a pile of good firewood handy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a nice handy thing to have

The Lazy Iguana said...

When you have a big pile of logs that need to be split, nothing does the job like power equipment.

No such device is needed here.

Decoder Girl said...

I split a couple logs for my taiji teacher a couple winters back.... I had new found amazement and gratitude for the heat that we had every year... whew!! It's hard work by hand.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

I guess I'm just getting soft.