Saturday, August 15, 2020

AN Unexpected Upgrade

We've been having thunderstorms about every day lately.  It's good to have plenty of rain for the well and all.  
But there can be problems as well.
I had to go over to the home improvement store for some lightbulbs for my ceiling fan in the kitchen.
Ceiling fans are critical here in the summer in NC - especially without AC.
I had tried the light a couple days ago after a thunderstorm, but it wouldn’t light.   Fortunately, the fan still worked.  So that could have been worse.
I slid a chair over and climbed up to have a look.
When I opened it up to change the bulbs, one was dead and the other had blown up.
Lightning does these sorts of things.
The destroyed bulbs were special ceiling fan lights with those tiny little bases.
As one would expect, I didn’t have any of those.
Went over there today to find some, and got some LED replacements.
I kinda came out ahead in the affair.   
The originals were only 40W, the max allowed, which made the light annoyingly dim - since it is over the kitchen table.   
But the LEDs are “60s” or I suppose "the equivalent". 
Now there’s plenty of light.   
Yay!    

I like LEDs.
π•΅π–†π–“π–‰π–Ž


1 comment:

Violet said...

I really like this photo!