Thursday, August 13, 2020

A River walk

All this hanging around the house has been getting pretty old.  And the lack of exercise isn't helping the tummy either.  So I got up off of my lazy butt, and went down to check out our little river trail again.
It had taken quite a beating in the flooding this spring.
I seem to Remember The Fuzz putting up a post about it at the time.
Since the Covid disaster, I have been neglecting to go much of anywhere.  This is probably due more to depression than any fear of someone sneezing around me.
Anyhow, it was time to get my little self up and out into nature again.
And the walking would do me some good, including for the depression.

Although it was no longer blocked off, apparently there is not much maintenance going on. 

The trail in was kinda overgrown.

The river was really pretty high - especially for this time of year.
Guess we're not in a drought along with everything else.

I had the place to myself.
I used to see a few walkers, joggers, and even some on bikes.
 Though I did eventually run into a guy with a fishing pole.

The area around the ill fated bridge was pretty overgrown.
You can see the remains in the center of this pix.

I've heard there was a grant of some kind to work on putting the bridge back together.
But of course the pandemic has disrupted things pretty badly.
There probably won't be any money for that now.  Let's face it, we have plenty of other problems these days.

But I did get to enjoy a bit of nature time.

Here's a view of one of my favorite places to stop and sit a bit.

I hope both of the followers of this blog are doing well.
As for myself, I think I will make more of an effort to get out in nature in the future.  I does wonders.

Take care

π•΅π–†π–“π–‰π–Ž

No comments: