Tuesday, October 31, 2006

It's Over

Well it finally came to this. After extensive efforts on my part, and soliciting advice, ideas, or anything from all kinds of mechanically minded acquaintances, I finally gave it up. What you see here is a very sick truck attached to a less sick one.

This sad tail goes back a long ways, June of '06, if I remember correctly. We had been having a wonderful time vacationing at the beach. Most of our extensive family were there enjoying the salt air, surf, and sand together. This little truck had performed flawlessly the whole time. Until.........

Until the very morning we were to return to our happy piedmont home. As we pulled out into the street in hopes of a safe and uneventful trip, it happened. Truck no go. Suddenly, inexplicably, truck no go. Now this doesn't seem to be the kind of thing I could blame on the Republicans, or even the Democrats, in spite of this being an election year. Well I'm going to have to give God the glory, because somehow, by His grace, we made it home. We got it crunk (as we say around here) and although it didn't run right, it ran all the way.

After spending literally months trying this and that, it was time to admit defeat and throw in the grease rag as it were. Time to let the experts at the dealership cuss and fuss for a while. Maybe they can cuss in Japanese. I can't. (Maybe that was my problem.) Of course this wasn't easy either since at this point the tow vehicle started acting up. But since said tow vehicle is rather low tech, I could patch it together. At least for the 25mi. trip. I should know better than to get involved with this off brand stuff. Oh well, now someone else will have their hand in my pocket. Maybe it will all work out yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe it's possessed, like that car in the stephen king novel... fitting that you take it in to the deal to be exorcised on halloween.