Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Went to visit our daughter this past weekend. She lives in a big apartment complex in a big city somewhere. Actually it was a combination trip. My Sweetie went to a Chinese calligraphy class which is one reason we went. Those characters are really impressive, quite artistic and all, but I'm glad I've only had to learn English. A lot of people are getting tattoos of those things these days. I sometimes wonder if they say what they think they say. Actually I've been told by people who are supposed to know, that this is a problem sometimes. But hey, they still look cool.
But anyway, I took a little stroll that morning. A lot of the tenants keep doggies. They chase my daughter's cat up trees if he's not careful. They also leave little reminders of their presence in the neighborhood. The management encourages the residents to thoughtfully take care of this situation themselves, and has provided this convenient facility to facilitate. I couldn't help being reminded of the approaching political barrage in my mailbox. I have to wonder why the only thing I ever see is about how sleazy the other guy is. I can only conclude that all the candidates must be sleazes. I wonder how this can be possible. It doesn't seem reflective of the general population. Is it because only sleazes get into politics ? This is a great mystery.

No comments: