Tuesday, May 29, 2007

More from the Top

Even though I couldn't get to the Tippy-Top, there was still a bit of a view. Kinda trippy how as the mountains fade into the distance, they just seem to blend into the sky. I like the mountains. But the trees are dying. They say it is acid rain. The little sign up there claims the rain is as stout as vinegar up there. I like vinegar on my collards, but it seems the trees don't. and there are dead trees all over up there, as can be seem.

I of course rode up on the Parkway. You have to ride the Parkway to get to Mt. Mitchell.
The Parkway is a pleasant ride. You see a lot of Bikes there when the weather is good, shoot, even when the weather is not so good. I've been caught in the rain up there many a time. I used to visit Boone NC from time to time and usually got rained on at least once. But no rain on this trip. One thing about the Parkway though, the speed limit is only 45. So if you want an exciting ride, flirting with death, you'll have to go some where else. There are other places.
This is one of the tunnels. I tried to take a picture riding though, but with the poor light, shaky camera, and me trying not to get hurt, it didn't come out too good.

Oh, and, Puddin' had to come back home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i guess things haven't changed. i was atop Mt Mitchell about 10 years ago, i was surprised to see how obvious the acid rain damage is. it was rather depressing to see.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Is scary