Monday, January 28, 2008

Doorstops and Flicks

I found this thing out at the dump, or should I say "Landfill" a few years ago. Actually there were two of them. I grabbed them both. I'm not real sure what it is exactly (besides heavy). It looks like part of some huge transmission or something. You may wonder what a person would want with such as this. In our case, it makes a great Doorstop for a drafty house, even the cats can't move it. This is good because we can confine the Kitties' nocturnal mischief to a smaller area. Dumps used to be great places to find cool things and shoot rats and stuff. Now days, they're in such a hurry to cover everything up. But that, I suppose, is progress.

We did enjoy a bunch of "Blowout" movies from the Reel to Reel festival. The Fuzz recommends-

"My Name is Wallace"
"Fission"
"Warlord"
"Off the Grid: Life on the Mesa"
"Kilroy Was Here"
"Welcome to Tolono"

Unfortunately, I have no Idea where you can get them. But, if you get lucky and run up on a few, they're worth your time.

No comments: