Friday, May 08, 2020

A Brief Outing

Again, it's been over a week now since I've been anywhere.
Well no…
Strictly speaking I have been somewhere.  It's just the same place… constantly.
I mean, "here" is "somewhere"to be accurate about it.
(for all you literal minded folks)

But some supplies were beginning to run low.  So it was time to go out into the wide and dangerous world.
I had been working on a list, adding to it from time to time.  There had been a few times I had almost gone out, but figured I could get by for another day.  And "another day" became another, and so on.
So, I got out my little face-mask and…

The neighborhood grocery store was uncrowded, compared to the beginning of this lockdown-thing.  People were busy stocking the shelves with what they still had.  The meat section was pretty picked over - a whole lot of emptiness there.  But there was plenty of bread this time.
But still no toilet paper!

This is a strange thing.  I don't really get it myself.
Are people wiping their butts more now than before?
Maybe trying to do a better job or something?
I have a reliable source reporting that they have seen, here in America, a neighbor's garage piled with mounds of TP!
This is just wrong.

As for myself, I'll get by.
Awhile back, I purchased something online.  Ever since, I have received a weekly catalogue, like a hard-copy type.  Got quite a pile by now.  So, if worse comes to worse, I can always go "old-school" on that.  After all, here, plumbing is not an issue.

And there is a positive development.
It seems that Preying Mantises are fond of "Murder Hornet's" brains! - Like for munchies.
I saw it on the internet, so it must be true.
We need to encourage more immigration of mantises.

Dang.
Just realized I forgot the orange juice.

Just trying to make the best of things…

π•΅π–†π–“π–‰π–Ž

1 comment:

Violet said...

Old School.. LOL.. that reminds me of the cartoon that used to live in the outhouse...

Probably really scratchy...