Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snow Job

It's here at last. Yup, winter finally arrived here this very morning. This is actual snow, falling from the pre-dawn sky. Cool, huh ? Actually it's cold. So no school for the young'uns but I had to work. It takes a lot to stop us. Like one of the previous boss-men used to say, "Rain, sleet or snow, the man says you go". I realize this would not be impressive to all you yankees, but it's the best we can do.
By mid-morning it had degenerated to a sleet and rain mixture. I didn't see the seagulls at the dump today, but they would be hard to see in the snow and ice I suppose if they were stupid enough to be out in it. Now they're talking about an ice storm tonight. That's what causes problems. I did see a car slid off the road this morning though. They had the firetruck and all that stuff there. Yesterday evening they cleaned out the grocery stores. Around here we take our snow seriously.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

please note that charlotte is getting ice storms and snow and you may be suffering thru this too! i love your blog and watch it all the time! wonder what the flamingo will do in the ice storm..
global warming is causing these bird creatures to enter your area.. such a strange treat..huh? NOT!!! I HATE who is in office now...sad sad sad....

Anonymous said...

We got a bit of snow...sadly, not enough to let me have an excuse to lay out of work. Taking the bus in has a disadvantage...as they run through pretty much any weather.

Anonymous said...

we got snow, new mix of snow, sleet ice, then RAIN! SIGH! I think i will stop watching the weather reports on TV all together - they really lead you on and I am convinced they really know very little about what is gonna happen.

Today is wet and dark, but i hear the groundhog says spring comes early this year! :) here's hoping!

The Lazy Iguana said...

EL PASSO! Snow is wet and cold. I learned this one winter in Alabama when it snowed while I was riding in a car with the rest of the family to Mississippi.

It was cool at first. I had never encountered real snow. But then it got in my shoes. And I had no mittens so my hands got cold and started to hurt. Then it got into my pants pockets and whatnot.

Wet and cold.