Sunday, February 18, 2007

Undercover

Wecome to the magic of Kudzu. That is not a thatched roof down there, but part of the "Green Revolution". It appears to be taking over the world. This could be a good thing in it's own way, I suppose. Green vegetation could help with this "Climate Change" stuff. And this will be green enough when the weather warms up. But for now we can see the underlying facts better.
They say this stuff can be useful and all. I guess it does slow erosion which was the original idea. They say one can eat it, but I've never know any one who does. Except goats, they like it. When it blooms it smells a lot like grape jelly. It just doesn't know when to quit.
I couldn't find an entry for "kadzu" in the Wikipedia, which I couldn't believe, then I realized I was spelling it wrong. I had a lot of problems in school with that sort of thing. So it is there after all if anyone is unfamiliar with the stuff at - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudzu#Kudzu_as_an_invasive_exotic . I suppose there is a way to make this a direct link, but I don't know how to do that either. Hey, the 20th century was complicated enough.

The Garbage Series is coming soon.

1 comment:

The Lazy Iguana said...

That stuff has taken over Florida too. And here it grows year round. It climbs up utility poles and gets into power lines - causing shorts and power outages.

It is very invasive and displaces native plants. I wish the stuff would go away. For every one "good" thing it does, there are about a dozen bad things.