Friday, September 26, 2008

Music, Literature, Cats and Pain











Well, it was a good thing how all that "Pianoforte" stuff worked out. It is a little known fact that that Macho Garbageman, The Fuzz, is a Jane Austen fan, which may explain the use of that archaic terminology.

But to move on from there, I thought we could start with another Cute Kitten Picture. These three seem to be rather fond of this crate and each other.


But there is more going on around here than cat stuff.








The Uninitiated may wonder what this mysterious apparatus in the hands of this sinister figure is. A close reading of the tee shirt may give a clue. Or perhaps the bit of exposed arm.

The Fuzz and His Sweetie were at it again supporting the local art community even at the cost of some pain to themselves. I suppose there are some who do not appreciate this form of art, perhaps considering it "vulgar". But that's their opinion, and not that of ourselves.

Here is a look of that mysterious device in action. The picture doesn't really give the full effect without the Buzz and the Pain.

The Fuzz's Sweetie is tough, she can take it pretty well. The Fuzz, on the other hand, has a tendency to pass out. I think his wanting to watch may have something to do with this. But there may be more to it, since both his sons have experienced a similar phenomenon.

Be that as it may, keep watching this blog for a look at the final results. And remember, if you start to feel "Light Headed", lay down, raise the feet and maybe have a cold drink.



And as always, you can find The Fuzz's Half Baked Economic ideas at http://fuzzypol.blogspot.com/. This Blog deals with reality.

6 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

Pianoforte is not exactly an archaic term. It is a very common musical term that means "soft". Or something like that.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

My understanding is it is a combination of "piano" (softly or quiet?) and "forte" (loud?). In contrast to the harpsichord, which could only play at one level.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Could be. The piano does have pedals that do something.

But I seem to think I remember the notation "pf" from way back in the day when I was in the the band. But maybe I am just confused or not remembering correctly or something.

The Lazy Iguana said...

AH HA! A little research cleared it up!

I was remembering "mp" or mezzo piano. Half as soft as whatever the director says is "piano".

There seems to be no such musical notation as "pf".

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Sometimes I try to play the guitar, but I can't read a note of music.

The Lazy Iguana said...

I used to play the trumpet. It was fun. I had to learn to read music and stuff. Like I said, it was a whole lot of fun - but that was something like 16 years ago so I forgot a lot of stuff.