Saturday, March 28, 2020

Early Peppers

Well, NC goes under a statewide "stay at home" order starting on Monday.
Some of the counties already had this, so… Okay.

It was inevitable of course.

But the weather has been pretty nice.  So it was a good time to get out in the garden.
I broke up and cleaned out the last of the raised beds.  And I snuck over to the Home Improvement Store where I was able to pick up some pepper plants.   Never have had much luck starting them from seed - although apparently, it is possible.

I put a couple of them in the fresh bed, and potted this Tabasco plant.


The sun was kinda hot.  That's one thing about this time of year - no shade.  But I managed to avoid a sunburn.  It's easy to get a bit crisp after spending the winter covered up.

It seemed a bit early for peppers to me.  But with all the climate stuff, things could be changing. And of course, if they call for frost I can put a bucket or something over them.

Exciting times, these.  It's a weird combination of tension and boredom.
We did get to have a zoom family meetup today.  That was nice since we can't travel.  Technology has it's good side, even if it can be frustrating at times.

Guess that's about it for now…
𝕵𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎

No comments: