Sunday, March 29, 2020

A Visitor

I guess this little one didn't get the message on social distancing.

Heard a bit of noise, and looked up.  Found this one trying to find a way back out.
With this nice warm weather, the doors and windows are open.  The fresh air is nice, but the truth is that the screens and screen doors are not particularly tight in this old house.

I was just minding my own business, trying to get caught up on email and other stuff, when I started hearing some unusual sounds.
Here we go again.
I like having birdies around.  I have some feeders outside, and usually toss some sunflower seeds out in the yard for them.  But they don't really belong in the house.
When I first moved back in, I had one in a nest in my bedroom window - on the inside.
Since she was already there, and sitting on eggs, I didn't have the heart to evict her.
She had a way in and out, where the screen had come loose.  So we pretty much co-existed for a time.  I admit, I wasn't always thrilled to find little bird spots now and again.  But we managed.
When the babies came off, I made sure they got out okay, and fixed the gap in the screen.
It was kinda cool and all, but I don't really want another go at it.

So sorry, but you got to go.

Funny how they'll fly from window to window and never realize that the door is propped wide open.
But eventually, whether on purpose or by accident, she made it out the door.
These guys like to nest in buildings which is fine.
But on the outside please.

Well, being stuck at home, we have to take what diversions we can get.

Stay healthy…

π•΅π–†π–“π–‰π–Ž

No comments: