Thursday, December 28, 2006

Aftermath & Pineapple

Now comes the payback. This is it. For those of us in the garbage business, lots of job security, at least for a couple of weeks. I used to think about it all Christmas, what it would be like when we went back to work. But then I realized all this did was take a lot of the fun out of the holidays. So, now I just forget about it all till it's time has come. It's more fun this way. I can even convince myself that it's someone else's problem. Well, one more day and it's the end of the first round.
I wanted to talk about pineapples. I even had a picture of one we had. But I seem to have deleted the picture some how, and we ate the model. It was tasty though. We have a recording of the Beach Boys singing "Christmas in Hawaii". That was supposed to be part of it all, the Christmas connection. But there is no picture now, and no pineapple. I don't think a can of crushed pineapple would be the same. If you want to call some kind of food "Hawaiian", you just add pineapple. Sometimes we eat "Hawaiian Hotdogs". They are made with wieners, peanut butter and, of course, pineapple. I'm not sure how the peanut butter works in, but they're not bad, really.
Sorry about the picture though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a coconut tree growing in the backyard. I planted it myself. And by "planted" I mean I took a coconut and set it in the ground.

It has not produced anything yet. It has been growing for several years now.

Maybe by the time you locate a pineapple photo my tree will have coconuts?

And now that you mention it - I wonder if I can grow pineapples here? They are good.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Wow. How big was the seedling ?
Some people grow banana trees around here, but they don't have enough summer to make fruit.

Anonymous said...

The seedling was an entire coconut. I found one that had started to sprout, picked it up, and deposited it in the back yard. Pretty easy really. I did not even have to dig a hole.

Happy New Year.