Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Deep Spring

If you ever actually buy anything from one of those mail order catalogues, you'll never lack for mailbox activity. I do get suckered into it from time to time. For years I had admired these tin signs for "Deep Spring Whiskey". Finally, my Sweetie gave me one for Christmas. Perhaps she thought this would shut me up. But now she has to look at it every day.
But hey, isn't it great ? I mean, it's got it all. The waving hats, the flags, the heroic soldiers, it's even got Robert E. Lee ! And best of all, how could you miss the poor wounded hero, being comforted and revived by this homespun Southern Beauty and our own Deep Spring Whiskey. Shoot, if we'd had more of this the war could have gone the other way !

2 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

I am not a big whiskey drinker. Nor burbon. Or rye.

Something must be wrong with me.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

I like it straight. Mixing it with something messes up the taste. Don't care much for gin though.