Monday, January 08, 2007

Our Tropical Paradise

Welcome to our tropical garden paradise. It may seem a little strange to see these magnificent palm trees here in our own back yard, but here they are. Yes, January in the piedmont. Of course it does seem a little curious that all the other trees look a bit bare out there, almost as if there should be snow or something on the ground. But you'll have to look farther north for the snow, and farther south for the palms. These magnificent trees are in fact, mere kale. A delightful addition to our dinner, contributing to proper nutrition, and a healthful lifestyle. These particular plants are getting a bit old and tough, but there are younger, but less photogenic, ones available for eatin'. So what does all this mean ? Beats me, I just thought they looked cool.
So now with Hanukkah Christmas and New Year behind us, (and some other stuff I think) we can move forward to MLK holiday. Oh, I forgot to mention, today is "Coming of Age Day" although I'm not sure what that is about. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wacky looking. is that kale?

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Truly

Anonymous said...

wow. ours looks nothing like. must be doing something wrong.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

This stuff is kinda old.

Anonymous said...

at the rate ours is growing, it will have to be about 5 years old to lok like that! we shall aspire, tho. :)