Thursday, March 08, 2007

Foolish Desperation

I'm kinda a Slacker sometimes, and I let the sunflower seed get a bit low. With the whole wide world out there, I didn't really understand just how important this was to the Avian Economy. This desperate little fella, somehow managed to squeeze himself into the feeder in an effort to obtain the last few seeds. Birdbrain as he is, he never thought out his escape plan. But then, a lot of us often don't think very far ahead, do we. Rest assured, after I made him pose for this humiliating picture, He was allowed to return to his home and family. Perhaps he learned a valuable lesson in this, it would be nice to think so.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! that seems like something a cat would do! :)

The Lazy Iguana said...

what kind of bird is that?

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

I think it's some kind of sparrow. I can't find them for sure in the Bird Book. There's a lot of then here.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Of course there are a lot of them. You feed them. And not that well as the photo is evidence of.

The Audubon Society is going to get all up in your face if you do not buy more seed.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

I'm waiting for the squirrel to get caught in there.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Is there a society for squirrels? Like the Tree Rat Society or something? Birds have one!