Thursday, March 29, 2007

Getting Culture

The other night my Sweetie and I rode out to a nearby college to enjoy this classical guitar concert. It was pretty good. This is not a big city, but there are things going on if you look for them. There were not that many folks there, mostly students, which I suppose, is to be expected. They have things like this from time to time, and they are free, which makes it nice for us poor folks. It's cool to be able to go out with my Sweetie sometimes and get some culture.

1 comment:

The Lazy Iguana said...

There are two universities near my house - and many more smaller ones.

The largest are University Of Miami and Florida International University. one is private (UM) the other is public (FIU - where my degree is from)

Anyway both have a music department. FIU has a fairly new music performance hall - with a real pipe organ end everything. The UM hall is older, but still very nice.

I like to go by every now and then. Sometimes I can get into the FIU hall free, sometimes there is a charge. UM is the same. But the charge is always very small.