Thursday, March 01, 2007

Still Hanging In

This little fella goes back pretty far. Back to the days of the house in the country with the holes in the floor. I was trying to saw a plank out of an old log I'd found in the woods, which was more work than I'd expected of course. There was this little tip left over and I got inspired to make a little "Protecter of Socks" and such. Some might think I had too much time on my hands, but I wonder if that is actually possible. I must have been a bit of a pagan at the time. But be that as it may, I was not relying on any dark forces or anything, only the fact that he was a bit of sweet smelling cedar wood.
For some reason he's still hanging around, although I don't know that he ever had a chance to do any work in his field.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This guys is great... I'm working on a project right now that has a tiki mask in the logo, so I've been researching them on the web - this guys reminds me of some of the more stoic examples I've found.

The Lazy Iguana said...

If you made a protector of socks, you should hang it over the drier. I think the drier is the appliance that eats socks.

Are you sure you are not from Easter Island?