Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Organic Cookin'

The weather was just too nice. I couldn't resist the impulse to sear these chunks of a dead bird over a small pile of hot coals. We used to raise some of our own, before we got lazy. These however, came from the Harris Teeter. But this is not just chicken, this is "Organic Chicken". We take our chicken serious here. Come to think about it, is there such a thing as "Inorganic chicken" ? Or would that be "Unorganic Chicken". Would that be plastic or something ? My daughter has a rubber chicken somewhere, but I don't think she's ever tried to cook it.
Well I kept the lid down and let all that smoke influence the chicken cooking in there. I suppose that cancels out all the healthy stuff from the "organic" part of things, but it was quite tasty anyway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMMM! that looks good! now I gotta go find something to eat in this place! :)

The Lazy Iguana said...

You don't have a smoker grill? I have one and it rules.

It takes a long time to cook stuff, but it is worth it. I had both a charcoal and an electric one. The electric one takes longer to heat up but it is much less hassle to use. The coal one can get very hot (too hot if you are not careful) and you have to keep adding more fuel. You get a thicker smoke however.

I like the electric one the best for ease of use. It produces enough smoke.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

I like the smoke. This has a lid, but it is off in the pic. I think people who are afraid of the smoke just don't know how to live.

Anonymous said...

Looks like one of them there caterpillar hybrids