Friday, April 06, 2007

Blessed

This poor beat-up Motorcycle is resting here in it's lair. No this is not one of those high dollar jobs you can watch them build on the TV. This is just my little Honda Motorcycle. It may not look impressive, but it is a real Motorcycle. It may not be real fast, but it is fast enough to hurt someone, like me.
But this is not just a poor old Motorcycle, it is a Blessed Motorcycle. It is really true. My Sweetie found in the local "Shopper" paper, that a church in a nearby town was having the "First Annual Blessing of the Bikes". This seemed like a good thing. All kinds of bad things can happen to you out there, blowouts, break downs, wrecks, once I even hit a deer.
So I did it. I rode up there last week and ate hot dogs and stuff and got me and the bike blessed. But I guess I'll still have to change the oil.

7 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

Nice bike. I do not like those "crotch rocket" bikes, or the big flashy showy loud as a jet engine bikes.

I considered getting something like your bike when gas was at $3 a gallon. But in Miami having a bike borders on madness. People drive too poorly here.

Also I had to wear a suit to work. You do not see too many people in a suit on a bike. But I like to go against the flow of society.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

My daughter calls "crotch rockets" "Dookie Bikes". The name stuck. But one of my sons actually rides one.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Florida drivers are legendary here, especially in the mountains where they tend to congregate.

The Lazy Iguana said...

I love the mountains. But to be honest, they scare the crap out of me. Driving on them is seldom a relaxing experience for me. I am used to flat and low, not twisty and high.

I am the guy going 20 mph below the speed limit, inching along like the car is stuck in first gear. Because it is in first gear. I am paranoid that the brakes will overheat and give out.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

There's a lot of people that try to drive too fast up there also. It's hard to enjoy anything with someone tailgating you. I can't stand tailgaters.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to go for a ride....ya gonna take me this summer? If I ask nice?

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Vi- Soitinly !