Sunday, April 01, 2007

Pancake Morning

We had some rice with buckwheat the other day for dinner. It made me think of Buckwheat Pancakes. The weekend is so nice. One can sleep in and have a real breakfast. My Sweetie does not like much to cook the Pancakes, but she doesn't mind fixing the batter. I don't really understand this, as cooking them doesn't bother me, but I don't care much for mixing the fixings. I suppose she wouldn't understand that. But it should be evident that this works out to our advantage. You see, when God puts people together, He has a plan, and in our situation, there is an allowance for Pancakes. And so, here is a delicious Buckwheat Pancake in the pan, hence the term, "Pancake". I would think that if one were to cook such as this on a griddle, it would be a "Griddlecake". Yet, the term "Hotcake" could apply to either. But we don't eat "Hotcakes" here, only Pancakes. So, I made a pot of coffee, and cooked the pancakes, and we ate 'em.

The weather report for Honolulu is- Monday: Isolated showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 80. North wind between 10 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Here, it just tried to rain, but not too cold. I think it's going to get rather dark soon.

3 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

South Florida needs rain. We are going to level 2 water restriction today.

I was never too big on pancakes. Everyone else is. I think I am just strange.

I want a snack now. But it is 3 AM and I do not think there is any food here. I think I am boned.

Anonymous said...

That pancake has a genteel mustashe and a broad bottom lip.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Azul- A dapper dish for morning dining !