Sunday, April 08, 2007

Bootism

So, what happened to Spring ? Temps. in 20's, feather comforter at night. The heater fired up again.
Smoke in the sky. No snow though. Those peaches had actually made it though the last cold snap. It hit before the fruit was set and there were actually tiny BB sized peaches beginning to grow. But this probably finished those tender young things off for good. Or maybe that's "for bad". Cold in the mornings, and I had to break out my booties. My Sweetie and I both got a pair of these super warm "Booties" (we call them) just for these occasions of the cold tootsies. Of course, we thought they were already on summer break, but that shows how much we know. I guess they'll have to wait a bit longer for their chance to air out now.
When Young Daughter saw me come to supper with 'em on me feet, she asked if I was becoming a Bootist . Bootism seems to be a cold weather religion. So for now, I'm a practicing "Bootist".
Tonight, they're calling for 26.
But in Hawaii- This Afternoon: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. East wind around 14 mph.
Monday: Mostly sunny, with a
high near 81. East wind around 13 mph. Sounds Good.

2 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

Hawaii. Nice place, but why go there? First you have to fly to LA or Chicago or Dallas or something, catch a connecting flight, and then off to Hawaii. 10 hours in the air (from Miami).

On the other hand, here is the weather for South Florida tomorrow.

Monday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 81. Calm wind becoming southeast between 10 and 13 mph.

Nice. Direct flights on American Eagle from Charlotte to MIA are only about 2.5 hours.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Going to visit Airforce Daughter. It's just too good of an opertunity to pass up.