Saturday, April 28, 2007

Maxed Out

You may remember in a previous post, (Home At Last, April 22) a mention of transmission trouble. Well, this was not a new development. It had been an ongoing problem for over a year. We were expecting it. Not looking forward to, but expecting. Next comes the dilemma, is it worth spending a bunch of money on a fairly wore-out vehicle. We are looking toward a few road trips in the future, and an undependable vehicle doesn't seem like a real good approach to this.
The time had finally come to take drastic action. Having this wonderful electronic cyberworld at my command, it only made sense to let the electrons do the walking. Some Family Members had had good luck with these Max People, so I figured it might be worth a shot. We had a pretty good idea what we wanted, and actually saw a couple candidates.
Aparently, this game is very time sensitive. The next day I was going to call about these automobiles, but when I fired up the old Mac, they had "unavailable" slashed across the little pictures. So I widened my search area. It seemed that someone out there was very interested in exactly what we had set our minds on. But I found one in another city, and they claimed they would send it to the Big City near us. This time I wasted no time, called, and made the arrangements. Now we had to wait.
At last came the call. Now we had to make the trip to the Big City. Unfortunately, "we" turned out to be "me", My Sweetie had other commitments and so, not wanting to miss out again, it was me, to the Big City, by myself. I believe I've mentioned that My Sweetie is the Big City Person, I don't do cities very well. Armed only with my "google" map, I set forth. When the traffic on the freeway ground to a halt, my little truck began to get hotter and hotter. As I watched the temperature hand climbing, I did the only thing I could (besides cry) and cut on the heater. The heater in my truck works real well, and I was quite warm. After getting lost twice, I finally found the Max Place. There was a wreck right in front of it, and car parts in the street.
Well I found the guy with the funny accent on the phone, he let me drive the car on some less busy streets, and one thing led to another. A couple hours later I was driving home in this Luxurious Vehicle. Now we have to pay for it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweeeeeet new car! that was quick!

Anonymous said...

yAY! looks great! hope you end up luvin this Honda as much as like mine!

The Lazy Iguana said...

Good choice. Hondas are about as reliable as one can get for a gasoline engine. And they get good MPG too.

Might I suggest renting a car for your road trips? It really is a good idea.

1. You put the miles on a car you do not own.

2. If anything happens, you just make a phone call and they send you a new vehicle.

Accidents, breakdowns, theft, squirrels stealing your keys and then running off into the woods - anything can happen on a road trip. Renting makes recovering from these events rather painless.

Anonymous said...

wow, - so fine

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!