Sunday, June 03, 2007

A Little bit of Rain

Finally, a little bit of rain. Not much, but anything will help. It rained (sorta) all night. Not much more than a sprinkle, but it is wet.
Well, this is the last week of school. Not that they're doing much anymore. Tests are over for the younger ones, I think they mostly watch movies.
Scholarly Son, while not graduating himself, got the honor of being an usher for all that stuff. This requires all those fancy clothes and all. Not having his own Monkey Suit, he had to go rent one. I had to do that once for a wedding.... but I digress. I had to take him over to get the thing the other day. The place was full of fancy dresses hanging all over the place. There was not much room to walk around. I think this must be some kind of feminine thing. I guess they hide all the guy stuff in the back or something.
I tried to remember how to tie a tie for him. We're not real sophisticated here, but we managed to fake it. Now he is over there doing what ever they do even as I write this. It's not always easy, growing up in this family.

3 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

My last job required me to wear a suit. I was issued a uniform suit, but was not required to wear it. So I collected a few of my own. The suits I bought looked better than the uniform suit, and set me apart from everyone else.

I had to print out tie tying instructions and tape them to the inside of the bathroom medicine cabinet thing. After a few times going to work I could do it without looking at the directions.

The full windsor is what I always went for. but I also know the half windsor and the four in hand knot.

Anonymous said...

I remember when i was a Marshal as a Jr, mom made my dress for me... it turned out very pretty and she put hand-made lace on it. I think most of the other girls payed other people to make their dresses and they weren't as nice as mine.

I also remember that my photo got taken sitting at the ceremony w/ natalie and it was in the paper. I always thought it was weird, 'cause we weren't the ones graduation. Maybe it was the dresses.. :)

ANyway, that's great that Joel was a marshal, it means he's at the very top of his class. What a smarty-pants. :)

Anonymous said...

good 4 joel! ;)