Monday, February 25, 2008

Movies etc.


It's a Netflix thing. We've been watching a series of Werner Herzog's movies. Some of this stuff is really out there. But you have to not mind subtitles.
( Actually, The Fuzz often uses them for English dialog. He's getting a bit hard of hearing. )

My Best Fiend: Klaus Kinski (Mein liebster Feind - Klaus Kinski)
This Klaus Kinski guy seems to be simply, insane. Fortunately, the characters he was playing were insane also, so it all seemed to work out.

Even Dwarfs Started Small (Auch Zwerge haben klein angefangen)
What can I say ? I guess you'd have to watch it. It's all dwarfs, besides being crazy.

Land of Silence and Darkness
This is kinda interesting, a documentary about people who are Deaf and Blind, and how they experience life.

Fata Morgana
Lots of pictures of the desert. Makes me wonder how those people live out there.

So that's what we've been up to, movie wise. The Fuzz is currently reading The Guns of August. He has always found this period of history fascinating, and got a good deal on the book. Of course, now he has to deal with being in a Book Club.

And that's how we've been "improving our minds" around here these days.

5 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

Interesting. Sounds like the crazy stuff I would put on my Netflix list. In fact, I may put one on just to experience a movie.

Which would you suggest for a first time viewing? Are these movies all stand alone or are they part of a series?

Anonymous said...

these all sound pretty wacky.. When I get over my Jane Austen jag I may try them out. Who is Werner Herzog?

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

L-you might want to see "My Best Fiend: Klaus Kinski". It kinda gives a bit of an overview of these weirdoes, and tells about making some of thier movies together.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

W- From Wikipedia,
Werner Herzog (born Werner Stipetić on September 5, 1942) is a German film director, screenwriter, actor, and opera director of Croatian descent.
He is often associated with the German New Wave movement (also called New German Cinema), along with Rainer Werner Fassbinder, Margarethe von Trotta, Volker Schlöndorff, Wim Wenders and others. His films often feature heroes with impossible dreams or people with unique talents in obscure fields.

Anonymous said...

I have seen part of fitsceraldo (sp) about the boat and the crazy dude, The Frames, a band I like, has a song about that movie and Lee HAD TO see the move, he liked the song so. I can't remember too much about it, though, just that it was much longer than the song. :) I put some of his movies on our netflix list for our viewing enjoyment.