Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lunacy

The first day of School here. So we have to all get up. Nothing new for us working people though. It's time to resume the educational routine again. I take the opportunity to practice my Conch Shell Technique as a wake-up call for the unfortunates. My Sweetie prepares the porridge.
But this morning was special not only for the school stuff, but our very own Lunar Eclipse ! As I stepped outside, to take care of business, I noticed that the sky was clear, and the eclipse was here. I couldn't resist that urge to get the camera. It was still quite dark, and my efforts at holding the camera steady were doomed to failure. But being persistent, or maybe just flat out stubborn, I got out the tripod, and tried again.
Here, there's just a little bit left at the bottom. Here, in NC, the Sun was about to make it's appearance, so it wouldn't last long. The moon was about to set, itself. It was eclipsed, but still visible as it sank behind the trees. I've worked with people who would rather see these things on the evening news. I'd rather see it myself.

3 comments:

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

I don't know what I was thinking. Monday was the First Day of School. I must be loosing it. But the Moon was really there, I swear.

Anonymous said...

cool shots of the moon. I didn't know we were going to have an eclipse. neat.

Anonymous said...

I knew this was coming... and thought maybe I could watch it while I was in flight... how cool would that have been. But... alas, the timing was wrong. Thanks for the pics!!