Thursday, August 30, 2007

Some More Little Things

While we were up in the mountains, escaping the heat, we came upon this little fellow on the thistle. Thistles are cool. I really like the color and all the hairy looking petals. This guy didn't seem too inclined to rush off, in fact, he posed for me a good while. We wondered if he was dead or what. My Sweetie courageously poked at him to find out. It seems that he was only "Mostly Dead" as Miracle Max would say. There was a little life left in him, but I'm afraid it was very little.

Well, The Fuzz is into "The little things of daily life" as he says, and these are "Little Things". A bit father along, we came upon this butterfly. I'm not sure just what the vegetation is, but the stuff on the right kinda caught my fancy.
I think sometimes it's not easy walking with The Fuzz if he is carrying a camera. And it may get worse now. He got a card from Wally World that can hold over 800 pictures ! The possibilities are endless (almost).
Well, a three day weekend coming up, but no big and evil plans here. I guess we'll just see what happens.

2 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

Your bumblebees are a lot larger than the bumblebees here. I always notice that when I am up in that neck of the woods. Which is not often enough.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

The "Bumbles" drill big holes in our house in the spring. It amazes me how perfectly round they are.